Sunday, December 2, 2012

You What???


This past weekend I spent time with a friend.  The entire time we were together she looked miserable.  Her body language said she wasn't having any fun.  She looked tense and stressed out. When we got in the car to head home she said, "thank you so much for taking me, I had a really good time!"
The first thing that went through my head was, "You what?" I was shocked! Nothing in her body language or our conversation would day that she was having a good time.
And this got me to thinking... how often does what I look like or do say something opposite of what I would say?  The very first thought that came to mind was my belief in the Lord's goodness and sovereignty.  I believe He is good.  I believe He is sovereign and in absolute control.  And yet, I think all too often, throughout a day, my body language and actions would say something different.  ARGH!  I don't like this.  So I am challenged to really look at my actions and life, what does it say about who God is.  I know it says something about what I believe, but I want it to say more about truth.  May my belief grow and my body language confirm it!

No comments:

Post a Comment