Friday, March 29, 2013

A Painful Reminder

Today I went to see a movie with a friend.  On the way there I realized I had an unused Studio Movie Grill groupon.  When I opened the app, 4 popped up.  Now I knew that I had only one unused, but when I got to the counter, I presented it like I had 2.  Yes, the Spirit was convicting me, and I politely shrugged Him off.  After receiving the discount, pondering it, sitting part way through the movie, I knew I had to confess and make it right.  Confessed to the Lord, community, and made it right with Studio Movie Grill.

But why... why am I tempted to not tell the truth and deceive to receive something that isn't mine? Why??? Then the same Spirit that brought the conviction politely reminded me of what today is... Good Friday... and that Sunday is coming!  

I HATE that I am still tempted to sin, I hate that I actually choose to fall to those temptations at times, but man am I thankful...

Thankful that Christ chose to sit under these trees and say... "Not my will but yours be done!"




















Thankful that He chose to write Peter into the story, where Peter stood in this garden and denied Christ and yet Christ came back and said... "And be sure and tell Peter!"











And that He chose to go here and lay down His life and say... "It is finished!'

Thank you Jesus, for choosing death so that I might have life!
Thank you for Your forgiveness and freedom even when I choose what does not honor you.

1 comment: