Thursday, September 16, 2010

Haiti #2



I've debated writing another blog because I really am struggling with guilt that I get to be on this trip. This is going to be a crazy statement ... But it has refueled me! I know ... CRAZY!
And yet, isn't that just like our God??? He brings me to a third world country, one full of desperation and need and shows me my needs and my complete desperation for Him AND then chooses to meet those needs.
I have held beautiful children, danced, (let that soak in friends, I couldn't say no to Sarah the little 4 year old on my lap!), experienced a slice of heaven in singing with the Haitians, stood in a waterfall, played games with kids who have so much joy, walked through a "jungle" & a pretty fast moving river, painted and got creative, listened to miraculous stories of earthquake survivors, and seen the most beautiful lightning storm EVER!
It almost sounds like I've been on vacation! Don't get me wrong, there is heat beyond hot, there are children in need of mommies and daddies, there are physically injured, many who need Jesus, the poorest of the poor, bugs and bug bites... Lots of them!
Total contrasts here that I can't put my arms around. But what has stood out to me so far is the majesty of our God in the midst of the severity of need. I haven't put it all together yet, I don't totally know what all He has to teach me... But I am trying to not get swept away in the guilt and trying to rest and rejoice in what He is doing in my heart and be available for whatever He has for today.
The picture above is my view each morning as I spend time with Him! Hard to see but mountains and the sunrise.

Sent from "no tellin' where!" -Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment