Sunday, October 2, 2011

Little Sucker Update!

My lack of posting has not been a lack of things going on and definitely not a lack of things to say.  But maybe a feeling I have too much to say and just not enough umph to say it all.  So I will just update with what has happened in my health world and will leave all the other posts for another day.

Basically the update on the little sucker... I have Lyme Disease.  The test came back positive, and when I asked the doctor if it could be anything else, I got this look, to which I replied, "you're pretty sure that's what it is aren't you?"  And so... we started my treatment.  I am now on 5 antibiotic pills a day.  Can you say... holy cow!  It has made me feel even more funky, which is not very fun.  But I am in it for 30 days, hoping that it is going to wipe out all the funky stuff in my body.  Lots of people have asked... "is it possible for it to completely go away?" And I actually have no idea.  I did not ask a while lot of questions.  I know I should have, just didn't.



I'm taking a crazy number of pills every day.  Most are supplements that are hopefully doing great things for me. I am looking forward to this 30 days being over, and hopefully feeling a ton better and the best thing would be for the Lyme's to be gone.  But for now, one step and a whole lot of pills at a time!

The Lord has been sustaining me in some pretty awesome ways through the truth of His word.  One of my favorite this week...
"Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you.  Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you."  Psalm 143:8




Hopefully before October is over I will post about Costa Rica, New York, the President of Burundi, and saying "yes" to the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you. Praying that medication works and you feel better. Was going to say feel normal but as we both know what's normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suz, I'm so sorry! At least you have a diagnosis and are ready to move on with getting rid of it. I prayed for you!

    ReplyDelete