Friday, August 26, 2011

The Little Sucker

My health saga continues.  Thankfully I am working with a Dr. who is willing to go the distance with me.  He looked at all my precious blood work, my saliva test results and then ordered more blood.  When I arrived at the hospital to have my blood drawn last Friday she pulled out 6 tubes.  Can you say... craziness!!!
So this week I went back for those results.  The results showed there is definitely something going on in my body.  Some of my immune counts are low, indicating my body might be fighting something.  That something is still unknown.

Then he said I for sure have some adrenal fatigue.  Doesn't surprise me much since that is the place that deals with stress.  And after last year... how can that little guy not be tired??!!  So I'm taking some vitamins and such to help nourish him back to health.  (Not sure why I decided my adrenal gland is a guy??)

He also said my iron count is still low and that for someone who is as healthy as I am, that doesn't make sense.  So he gave me an iron shot... that too was interesting!  I have not had a shot in my hiney as long as I can remember.  I had to have 2... the first one was to find out if I am allergic to the shot they were going to give.  Our conversation went something like this...
Nurse: "Let me know if you experience any changes in the next 15 minutes."
Me:  "Ummm... like what?"
Nurse: "Temperature changes, itchiness, hives... anything like that!"
Me:  "Ummm, ok!?!?!??!?!?!?!"
For the next 15 minutes I sat there wondering if I was itchy.  Because of course I was since she said I might be!  And this is the sign I saw as I waited...
But nothing really changed and so shot #2 given!

AND he wants me to take an antibiotic to see if it takes care of whatever is going on.  He said I would be real sensitive to sun so would need to take precaution to stay out of the sun while on it.  I quickly said... "I'm going to Costa Rica in a little over a week and 1/2!  Could we maybe wait until after I get back?"  I then promised him Costa Rica would for sure make me feel better.  He said that was fine and I can wait!

Then he told me he wants to test my blood for Lyme disease.  A couple things went through my head.
1) Meredith in my community group has Lyme disease and I've watched her the last year battle hard.  When I talked to her on the phone I told her... "Mere, I love you.  But I've watched the hell you've been through and I really don't want to follow in your footsteps."
And yet, if I do have it... what AMAZING provision of God to provide her to walk with me!
2) When I actually got the tick bite last June I was so overwhelmed with the joy of God's attention to details that weekend.  And today, if I have Lyme disease, I will not now go back on that joy and believe in that attention to detail. (See original post here.)
3) We are back to the percentages thing again.  The tick was on me for less than 2 hours and I did not end up with a rash at any point because of the bite.  And so it seems like a small chance that I have the disease.  BUT as I said before when I got a biopsy... if I am not supposed to have Lyme disease... there is 0% chance that little sucker (pun intended) gave me the disease.  But if it is part of my story, then he could be on me for 2 seconds and I will have it.

I go back on Tuesday for the test.  Then it will be 4 weeks before I know anything.  A fun time to wait and keep my eyes on the Lord and trust that He is in control of all things.  Not always easy, but always true.

No comments:

Post a Comment