Saturday, August 20, 2011

Let the Unwrapping Begin!



This week something hit me. Each day is a new day... profound I know! But a new day for what?  And this is what I realized...
A new day to learn and know more about God.  A new day to love Him and be loved by Him. And a new day to make Him known!
And it got me really excited.  I realize this is not necessarily new information or something that I haven't even thought, been told, or realized before.  BUT it felt fresh and new this week.  It felt really great to think about the newness of that.  The freshness of a new day.  Yesterday is gone! And today is a gift, waiting to be unwrapped!
I've also come to realize over these last couple of years the importance of starting that new day with the Lord.  Of giving Him my first fruits.  This is a little bit of a miracle for me because I am not a morning person.  When I shared a bathroom with my friend Ang, she knew I don't really talk before 9am!
When I do get up and choose to give God the time and space He deserves... amazing things happen.  I am filled up.  My focus is set right.  I am renewed in Him. And thoughts about how to head into the day are clear.  It allows me to connect with my Savior, Creator, Lord, Best Friend, and Father!  It reminds me of so many things. Whose I am. What the point of this life is.  Who I am.  Why I do what I do. Who I get what I need for the day from.  Who He is.
And then the gift of the day is in perspective.  And I remember where it came from and what it is for.
Then let the unwrapping begin!


The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”
Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment