Monday, August 16, 2010

STRANGE?

I think I have an entitlement complex. These past few months have been really hard. In fact insert 4 letter word... H...E...*...*...!! Although realizing hell will be a lot worse, not even close to the last 4 months, but it has been tough.
And one of the things that I keep saying is... "I'm ready for a break!" I'm tired of the hard stuff. I want there to be some time to recover! I really want someone to walk up to me, or mail is fine, and hand me a 10 day trip to a cabin in the woods that will promise me amazing sunsets and lots of cool wildlife, bear included. Something in me thinks I "deserve a break today!"
And yet, scripture is clear... "don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if
something STRANGE is happening to you. Instead be very glad- for these trials make you partners with Christ in His suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing His glory when it is revealed to all the world." 1 Peter 4:12-13
I want to be thankful for my trials. Not be caught of guard that they are STRANGE but to rely on and trust in the One who is no stranger to suffering and be avaliable. Avaliable to Him to make Himself known and glorified through me in the trials He has allowed in my life.
I'm waiting Lord... Somewhat bravely and courageously... Patiently
waiting! Psalm 28!

Sent from "no tellin' where!" -Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment