Sunday, May 29, 2011

Painting of a Rainy Night


This past week I got to have a really fun night with my friend Leigh.  We went to a place called Painting With a Twist.  Everyone in the place paints the same thing as they walk you from blank canvas to finished product.  We started off with a plate of paints, 3 brushes and a blank canvas.



The first thing we were told to do was to put a dot on the canvas and then draw the lines that would create the street, side walks, buildings and sky.


Below you can see Leigh's sky and the lines that create each part.  And my very intense face as I paint my sky.


The lady behind me is the instructor.  Secretly inside I wanted her to comment on mine. But she never did.  


We got so consumed in our painting that we missed some of the other stages... but here are both of our canvases with main buildings, street and sky.  The sidewalk and street are to look like it has been raining.



Then we painted on the skyline.  This was hard for me.  In the end I was pretty pleased with them.  Leigh's skyline follows mine.



Then we added in the street lights. And if you look close you can see our choices of treats while we painted!


This is the night that it was major rain, hail and tornado warnings.  We had to all gather in the back room at one point because there was a tornado at Love Field.  Very fitting that our picture was rainy :)


And the finished products.  It was a very fun night.  It was also fin to see all the different perspectives around the room.


Here's mine up close.  It has been sitting on my couch this week and I keep finding things really wrong with it. I just don't let things go very easily!  But a VERY FUN night and I am glad I got the chance to go.  
Thanks Nat!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Shame on the instructor for not giving you a warm fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to do this!! Thanks for sharing your experience and your really good painting! I am impressed. Miss you Suz!

    ReplyDelete