Saturday, June 11, 2011

God's Glory Displayed

I've started the study Breaking Free by Beth Moore. It's the 4th time I will do this study and each time I love it more. It is such a great process of asking... what is keeping me from living the abundant life God has planned for me?  And today, another question arose.


Today's lesson was on God's glory.
Isaiah 43:7 says...
everyone who is called by My name,
whom I created for My glory,
whom I formed and made.


We were made for God's glory. To show others who He is.  To make Him known.
Here are a couple of things I underlined today in the study...


"A life that glorifies God is a life that reveals God."


"We glorify God to the degree that we externalize the internal presence of the living Christ."


"We are created for the purpose of giving God's invisible character a glimpse of visibility."


Seriously! It kinda took my breath away. For the 4th time, and yet it kinda feels like I just read all of this today for the 1st time.


And then this verse...
The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.
Psalm 19:1


And I thought back to all the amazing things I have seen in the sky.  All the sunsets and the lighting storms and the rainbows and the rain clouds. And I thought... wait... if the sky is used to proclaim His glory AND He made us to proclaim His glory, that means that my life can be just as amazing as anything I have ever seen in the sky!


That kinds blows my mind!  
And this statement in the workbook...
"IF WE GRASPED THE ETERNAL IMPLICATIONS OF SUCH A DESTINY WE WOULD WANT TO DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE SURE ALL HINDRANCES WERE REMOVED."


AMEN! So I'm praying that God will show me anything that is standing in the way of Him being most glorified in my life.  Will you pray with me?


And a little side note... going back and finding these pics brought deep thankfulness for the way the Lord has blessed me with opportunity to see His creativity displayed!

No comments:

Post a Comment