Saturday, July 2, 2011

Just For Today!


I told a friend the other day... "I am tired of always be the one with the drama!"  This came from her asking me if I was going to share where I am emotionally and physically with my team at work.  I told her I wasn't sure, she asked why, I answered the above, and she responded... "make sure it isn't pride that keeps you from sharing!" It's a hard toss up.  There is for sure pride wrapped up in not always wanting to be the needy one.  Always having something to cry about or share.  And then there is the fact that I am kinda over having the drama.  I was thankful when another friend pointed out, "it's not like you are bringing the drama on yourself."  But none-the-less, I am kinda over it.  Over this feeling of things being so hard and heavy.
Which got me to thinking about this idea of having what we need for today.  This past April, when my year from down below was coming to an end I thought back over the last year and was just a little overwhelmed.  I remember thinking... "how did I survive that?" "I'm not sure I could make it through all of that again."
A friend reminded me that we don't have to try and survive a year at a time.  God gives us exactly what we need for today and that we are to just take it one day at a time.  I remember being so encouraged by a truth I have known for a long time but had just experienced in full force.
I don't have to try and survive this whole year today.  I don't even have to take on this whole week today.  I just need to trust Him for what I need TODAY and leave tomorrow to tomorrow.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Matthew 6:33-34


The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.
Lamentations 3:22-23


What a gift.  What a blessing.  I am so glad that God set it up this way.  When I trust Him with each day, and really with each moment in the day, He will give me what I need and He will bring Himself great glory.
I want my life to reflect the God of the Universe that loves us and is intimately acquainted with us and is involved personally.
Oh Lord... please glorify yourself through me TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment