Friday, June 18, 2010

Yoked to Him


Again this morning I am completely blown away by God's sense of timing and provision. I woke up at 5:35AM (and let's face it... miracle #1.) I hadn't been asleep that long as we got to see Wicked last night (side note: just as amazing the 2nd time!)
So I wake up and spend time with the Lord processing what is coming over the next couple of days. I have lots of emotions... sadness, fear, excitement, uncertainty. I know there will be LOTS of tears. I will see and experience a lot of places I did as a child with Grandma and Grandpa. And I will be with family that I haven't seen in YEARS! All the questions started flooding in... "Will I be able to speak at the graveside service?" "How will I do at answering the questions... 'What do you do?' 'Are you married?'" "Am I going to feel lonely?"
I journaled a ton and then opened the devotional that I have been reading and here are the verses that I read...
Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
Matthew 1:23 “Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel,which means ‘God is with us.’”
Matthew 11:28-30 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Ephesians 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
Proverbs 16:9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.
Ephesians 1:13-14 And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.
Seriously... all of them! It was just amazing to sit here and to be reminded and filled with truth. My job is to rest and trust Him. He has the plans. He KNOWS what will happen this weekend and He LOVES me. I am so grateful for God's word. Grateful that He SPEAKS to us. That He GIVES us what we need.
My prayer... that I would love and serve my family. That all would know that I love Him with all my heart. That I would be able to speak at the graveside service (without my breathing stopping because I am crying so hard... all things are possible right?!!) and really honor my grandparents. That I would take advantage of getting to be with extended family who I never get to see. And above all... that I would be yoked to the Lord and glorify Him in all that I do.
Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to meet me this morning... right where I am!

Photo not mine.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Suzanne. Encouraged to see you being filled with faith in a FAITHful God!

    ReplyDelete