Friday, October 30, 2009

THIS IS IT... or is it?

Yep! I went today to see the Michael Jackson documentary, "This is It!" I had not planned to go see it. But after a recommendation from a friend, I went. I walked away with some thoughts.
One... Michael Jackson was really talented. The creative stuff that came out of his mind was amazing. Seeing what that show was going to be like was pretty phenomenal. AND he could dance!
Two... A lot of different times in the show I found myself sad. Sad that his "show" was never going to be seen. Sad for all the people who put in HOURS of training and heart to get ready for the show and were left looking for the next thing. But mostly, sad for him. To think that he had fame, fortune, and talent, and yet he was so unhappy in his own skin. He was in pain so much of his life. And it all ended abruptly.
This week I read Ecclesiastes, Solomon is sharing his thoughts on the meaning of this life and tonight I was seeing the correlation to Michael Jackson's life. So much of what Michael chased and experienced in this world never satisfied him. It could not help him sleep at night, it could not make him ok with himself.
At the end of the book Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 12:13... "Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey His commands..." That IS it!
Lastly... I was reminded that THIS IS NOT IT! There is life after this, we must decide whom we will serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment